Knowing what to expect at each stage, and what choices you’ll make and when – will make your house-building experience a simpler one and will result in your dream home.
Our team of trained professionals, under the direction of a dedicated project manager, work closely with each other and with you to handle the details from the first meeting to completion. With over twenty years’ experience building custom homes from 1500 sq feet to 10,000 sq feet, we look forward to meeting with you to talk about your vision and project possibilities.
Project Life cycle
- Assist you in developing the overall project concept
- Conduct a site evaluation to ensure that your design incorporates key factors including terrain and weather features – Sun, views, etc.
- Attend design meetings with the architect to ensure that your home is being detailed for construction with budget in mind.
- Evaluate design concepts, materials and systems, taking into consideration construction methods, cost, schedule, quality, performance and environmental sustainability
- Provide you with a construction cost estimate
- Provide you with a project schedule
- With the assistance of a designer, work with you to select your materials, design schemes and interior finishing;
- Coordinate completion of drawings
- Establish a construction project management fee based on the scope of work for your approval
- Architectural drawings
- Engineering review and documentation
- Communication and application with regulatory bodies (municipal, heritage, etc)
- Arrange for and provide temporary utility services and site facilities
- Establish and administer a health and safety program for the site
- Ensure that all necessary construction permits and approvals are in place
- Coordinate and supervise the work of all trades
- Monitor quality control
- Monitor construction costs
- Review change orders for accuracy and submit for approval
- Evaluate and approve trade and supplier invoices
- Investigate issues that arise during the course of the work and provide you recommended solutions
- Conduct weekly or biweekly project meetings with you
- Submit regular progress reports to you detailing construction costs and progress
- Inspect all work for defects and deficiencies, and undertake corrective measures
- Conduct a thorough inspection of the project
- Administer warranties